Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Google Apps For Education Summit - autoCrat by New Visions Cloud Lab

Google Sheets addon - "autoCrat" - New Visions Cloud Lab


Our EdTech team had the pleasure of attending a two-day action packed Google Apps For Education (GAFE) Summit 2015 in Phoenix, Arizona.  This summit included two keynote presenters, 8 breakout sessions, a demo slam, and a closing session.  The sessions were beginner through advanced levels based on the uses of Google Apps in the classroom.


I am proud to say that our EdTech team has a great wealth of knowledge based around Google Apps for Education, but I still found myself having quite a few "ah ha" moments in the sessions I attended. I wanted to share with you an amazing addon for Google Sheets that stuck out to me and that I have used multiple times already this year.

The first one I wanted to share is called "autoCrat".  autoCrat is developed and maintained by New Visions Cloud Lab - http://cloudlab.newvisions.org/add-ons/autocrat

This is an addon for your form created response sheet or any Google spreadsheet that you may have.  This addon is essentially an amazing multi mail merge tool that allows you to set your <<Cutsom Tags>> based on the columns/questions of your form.  autoCrat allows you to create custom merge documents in Google Docs and either share them with rights to comment, edit, or send as a PDF file.

I have found many uses for autoCrat such as:
  • Short Constructed Responses and Essays for Formal and Summative Assessments
  • Communications to Parents and Form Letters
  • Certificates of Completion for Units of Study or Professional Development  
  • Progress Reports
  • Lesson Plans
  • RTI Data Management
  • Classroom Checkout of Materials
  • Behavioral/Academic Referrals
  • Personalized Assignments
The video below is a quick example of how autoCrat is set up and used.  Please contact your EdTech Coach if you would like help in using autoCrat in your classroom.






4 comments:

  1. John: Can this be used for checking out classroom library books? If so, I could sure use your help in creating a system to check out classroom library books for the upcoming school year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellen - How many books does your library have? This may not be the best solution but I may have an idea that would work better. Google Form Addon called "CheckItOut" - I would check it out (yeah that was a bad pun). Message me on Google+ so I can get some more info.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... jsc result 2019

    ReplyDelete

This is a professional blog associated with the Ed Tech Department of Aurora Public Schools. Comments and suggestions are welcomed and appreciated, but please keep in mind that this can be used in classrooms and viewed by anyone.